Wednesday 15 May 2013

Circus Cake



This cake is a special cake, fist because circus theme is one of the theme that I've been longing to do and secondly because this is for a special 1 year old with amazing story, Kayden. For Kayden's story you can go to my dragon cookies project which I did for his one month celebration.


When I was contacted by Kayden's mum to do his first birthday cake I felt honored and squealing with delight when I learn the theme is circus and I have exactly what I want to do with the cake. During my business trip to Queensland I found some cake stands, 2 smaller cake stands and 1 regular size one. My creative mind when to possibilities using the 2 smaller cake stands to compliment the regular cake stand and this project suit just perfect.


To go with the theme I went with the obvious circus tent cake and to add a twist following the design of the invitation. Unfortunately my 2 year old successfully destroyed the beautiful invite, but anyway the invite got a lion and an elephant on the right and left side.


So I did lion and elephant sitting on top of circus platform to go on the smaller cake stands and they will go on the sides of the cake.



The party was awesome with plenty of food and beautiful decor, and the cake complemented the theme perfectly. A lot of dedication and talent poured out to the party, and my favorite thing is in the goodie bag they included a CD filled with songs that's memorable and meaningful during Kayden's first year, plenty of jazz song and it goes straight to my car audio.


I had an absolute blast doing this cake and this might be one of my favorite by far. I hope you enjoy it too, and I will leave you with my studio shot. See you in my next project, thanks for checking.


Credit: Photos from the party by Vina Nurina Pranata

0 comments:

Post a Comment